About the REU Program at Notre Dame
Irish undergraduates from Dublin City University, Trinity College Dublin, University College Cork, and University College Dublin who are in the STEM disciplines and seeking to further their research abilities may pursue the summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program at the University of Notre Dame.
The program lasts approximately 10 weeks over the summer. Students will receive a generous stipend for travel and living expenses.
Areas of Study
The University of Notre Dame offers several programs of study as part of the REU program.
More information on the programs that are available can be found at the following links:
- Department of Biology: http://biology.nd.edu/undergraduate/undergraduate-research/summer-research-opportunities/
- College of Engineering: https://engineering.nd.edu/research/reu-internship-opportunities
- NDnano: https://nano.nd.edu/opportunities/
- Department of Physics: http://physics.nd.edu/research/reu/
How to Apply
Naughton Fellowships for undergraduates are awarded by nomination from faculty advisors. Interested students should speak with their faculty supervisors for more details. All faculty must submit their nominations to Bob Cunningham as soon as possible.
The selection of the Naughton Fellows will be administered by the Naughton Fellowship Committee, with the University's diversity statement in mind.
Significant importance and preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate academic excellence. However, the committee will consider several criteria, including:
- the interest, ability, and potential of the candidate to study their chosen field;
- the candidate’s capacity to successfully complete the program of study; and
- the candidate’s desire and ability to serve as a cultural ambassador abroad.
Candidates must have at least one year remaining in their undergraduate program in order to be considered.
The onus is on the candidate to complete the appropriate application form to demonstrate the degree to which he/she meets these criteria.
General Terms and Conditions
Each recipient must complete a summary report of his/her research accomplishments at the end of the program.
For questions about the REU program at Notre Dame, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.